What The Groups Do
- All APSGO parent support groups are run by parents just like you.
- All groups meet weekly.
- All groups provide a structured, action driven and friendly environment.
- Trained and experienced parent volunteers run each group.
- Each group focuses on practical strategies for helping families.
- Groups help parents to develop a plan tailored to their family’s needs.
- Each group helps parents build satisfying relationships while setting reasonable boundaries.
- Support, information and advice are available between meetings.
- All information disclosed at meetings is kept confidential.
- Each group offers a continuous program of help, allowing parents to join at any time without referral or waiting period.
- Each group is a member of The Association of Parent Support Groups In Ontario Inc. (APSGO).
What The Groups Don't Do
- Parent support groups don't promise instant success.
- Parent support groups don't support corporal punishment.
- Parent support groups have no political or religious affiliation.
Click here to take a quick survey and find out!
Stay up-to-date with the most current parenting information, tips, and strategies to help you keep your cool while engaging with your difficult teen. To receive regular newsletters: